Friday, November 29, 2013

The end of the beginning and the beginning of the end.

That title above sums up my life right now.

All my life I've been searching for a dream job that until two years ago, I didn't even know I wanted: nursing. Once I had that realization that I've found the thing I've been searching for the entire twenty years of my life, I wanted to be a nurse so bad. I've spent the last two years of my life striving to get perfect grades with the dreams of getting into nursing school and now it's happened. I've been accepted into a difficult program as 1 of 30 students out of hundreds applicants. SHIT.

Now that it's real, I feel like my life is finally starting. Like I'm that much closer to being the person I want to be. With that comes the realization that I am so close to actually being a nurse! I have two and a half years in my program and then bam, it's real life. I'll be saving lives, just like that.

I see the last couple of years as the beginning of my college career which is now coming to a close. I'm no longer going to be a 'normal' college student and will no longer have to take insignificant classes, like humanities or history. I get to solely focus on nursing classes. So in that way, I feel like it's the end of the beginning.

The flip side of that is that I'm now at the beginning of the end. I'm so close, yet so far, from achieving my dream and it seems insane, like someone will come along and swoop everything away at any moment. But alas, I will make it to the end and guess what? I'll be right back at the beginning again, starting my life as an actual RN. Pretty exciting, huh?


Follow my blog with Bloglovin as I prep to start my BSN program in January and eventually become an RN! I'll write about many things, like getting into nursing school, eating healthy while being a student with a busy schedule, living frugally, and of course all about what I'm learning and my experience in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show a poor nursing student some comment love in the hopes that it gets her through her next clinical.